Creative Manager (Aug '14 - present)
- Lead a team of eight creatives while continuing to write content for clients.
- Review posts and post ideas to ensure they meet department's high standards.
- Run daily brainstorms; compile weekly reports on team member's workload, successes, and struggles.
- Contribute a weekly vine to BuzzFeed Arcade.
- Oversee quality of GIFs created for internal resources.
- Interview candidates for full-time and fellowship positions.
- Be an adult.
Creative (Jan '13 - July '14)
- Wrote sponsored posts and quizzes for all our glorious clients.
- Spent lots of time scouring the internet for the best possible GIFs.
- Gave internal presentations on writing quizzes and adding oomph to posts.
The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre
Sketch Writer on Maude Night (Dec '15 – present)
- Writer for the house sketch team Choir.
- Work with a team of ten other writers and actors to produce a monthly sketch show.
- It is the best.
Havas Worldwide New York
Copywriter (Aug '10 – Jan '13)
- Shot some commercials. Recorded a little radio. Printed tons of campaign decks.
- Wrote for all types of media. So many types! Yes, you know them, but here they are: TV, print, radio, digital, OOH, conventions for beer distributors (yup!), manifestos to help an idea sing, more print, and aerial banners.
- Clients: Durex, d-CON, Air Wick, Lysol, Resolve, Charles Schwab, Dos Equis, Heineken, Crackerfuls, and new business.
Contributing writer (January '12 – Jan '13)
- Recapped shows like RuPaul's Drag Race, True Blood, and American Horror Story: Asylum.
- Had way too much fun crafting design-based posts for a very small audience.
Bachman Brown Design
Interior Design Assistant (March '10 — September '10)
- Responsible for travel arrangements, budgets, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Assisted with client meetings by shopping for fabric, furniture, and building color palettes.
- Yes, this was part of my quarter-life crisis, but I throughly enjoyed myself.
Havas Worldwide New York
Copywriter, intern (Jun '09 – Feb '10)
- Learned the ropes. Worked all the hours. Ate too much food out of vending machines. Didn't embarrass myself.
- Clients: Dos Equis, Heineken, Jaguar, Ritz, Cattleman's BBQ Sauce, Airwick, and Clearasil.
- Gold • Cannes Lion • Dos Equis Radio for "Good Side" • 2012
- Gold • The One Show • Dos Equis Radio Campaign • 2011
- Yellow Pencil and Nominations (x3) • D&AD • Dos Equis Radio • 2011
- Gold • CLIO Awards • Dos Equis Radio Campaign • 2011
- Gold • International Andy Award • Dos Equis Radio for "Holiday" • 2011
- Shortlisted • Radio Mercury Awards • Dos Equis "Holiday" • 2011
- Gold • London International Award • Dos Equis Radio for “Cinco” • 2010
- Gold • Cannes Lion • Dos Equis Radio for “Cinco” • 2010
- Communication Arts Advertising Annual • Dos Equis Radio for "Holiday" and "Cinco" • 2010
- Gold (x3) • W3 Award • Branded content • Heineken Playlist Challenge • 2010
- Webby Honoree • Heineken Playlist Challenge • 2010
The University of Texas at Austin
B.S. in Advertising, 2009
Texas Creative portfolio sequence; Business minor; GPA 3.72/4.0; university honors
Indie Comedy Teams
- Writer on sketch team Scorpion Bowl (meets weekly, performs monthly)
- Improviser on Judith (meets weekly, performs monthly)
- Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre (2012 - present)
Advanced study student in improv and sketch.
- Magnet Theater (2013 - 2014)
Master classes in musical improv
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, and Premiere; Basecamp; Keynote; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Digital SLRs